in the wines, the gastronomie, and the warmth of the Jura.
We eat and drink not only to nourish our bodies, but also our souls — to replenish all that has been depleted by work, stress, and the responsibilities inherent in our daily lives.
To immerse ourselves in the study of that which we love, far from interruption and surrounded by the immense beauty of farms, vineyards, and artisans, is not merely something we desire. It is something we need.
Our 3-day immersions offer days filled with cooking classes, meals with vigneron(ne)s, visits to artisan food producers and farms, and comprehensive wine tastings.
Each scheduled weekend, intimate groups of no more than 10 travelers will dive into the Jura and its culinary history, a talented chef at their side.
Chef Nomade offers rising talents the opportunity to impart their knowledge of wine and food to guests who share their enthusiasm for gastronomie.
Highlights of the program include :
- Culinary experiences at the table and in the kitchen with a talented young chef
- A guided visit to an artisanal Comté producer
- Dinner in the company of a Jura winemaker
- Two cooking classes featuring ingredients from the Jura highlighted by the particular specialty of our Chef Nomade
- Curated tastings of wines from the Jura, selected from the portfolio of Neal Rosenthal
- A visit, tasting and discussion with a producer of Vin Jaune
Come learn with us, explore with us, and breathe with us next to the gently rolling waters of the Cuisance.
Chef Nomade 2021
Pricing from 1 500 € per person, double occupancy, for three nights
We request bookings be made 30 days in advance in order to prepare for your arrival.
The price of this experience includes :
- Three nights’ lodging at Closerie les Capucines
- All meals — three breakfasts, two lunches, three cocktail hours, and three dinners. Wine is included with lunches, cocktail hours, and dinners
- Transport to and from our group outings
- Group tastings and guided visits to farms and wineries
The price of this experience does not include:
- Transportation to or from Closerie les Capucines
- Goods and services purchased outside of our group activities
Make our house your home
We welcome groups of up to 14, and will be delighted to make La Closerie your very own.